COPY THIS AND HANG IT ON THE WALL OR PUT IN INTO A NOTEBOOK:
SO YOU WANT TO FORECAST TEMPERATURES FOR EVERY HOUR OF THE DAY!
1. Click on this: http://www.nws.noaa.gov/mdl/gfslamp/statebull.shtml
2. Click on the state you wish to forecast the hourly temperature.
3. I have selected New York State. We will select Albany, New York
4. To decode the information, click this:
8. At the left is a column…second line down is UTC (Universal Time). A complete time chart is available to all for all time zones in the United States. Use it.
9. The second line is TMP. This is the temperature in degrees Fahrenheit for each hour. This lists the forecasted temperature for each hour for the next 24 hours. Pretty simple. See how close the forecasts are to the actual readings at your location.
AGAIN STUDY THE RESULT AND MAKE ADJUSTMENTS FOR EACH HOUR OF THE DAY. Great for planning recess!