COPY THIS ENTIRE PAGE AND POST IT ON THE WALL OR PUT IT INTO A NOTEBOOK:
USING SATELLITES TO FORECAST THE WEATHER
2. This is a very large satellite image. Using your mouse, move the satellite picture by sliding the bottom and side bars.
3. See if you can locate your part of the country.
4. Are there any clouds over your area?
5. If there are no clouds over your area, locate the closest clouds.
6. Are you able to put the satellite in motion?
9. This map helps you see which way the clouds and precipitation are moving.
10. If the clouds and precipitation are not in motion, look to the section at the extreme lower left, just below the satellite map itself. Find WEATHER IN MOTION and click on it!